Friday, November 30, 2007

You lie, weather man

In my email: Carmelo McGuire wants to know if I'm, "Short on dough?" No, Carmelo, I'm good. I've got plenty of dough, and if I run short and need more, I've got flour in the pantry and can whip up a fresh batch. But thanks for asking.

So, the meteorologists on TV keep telling me that there's practically nothing in the air - a tish of mold, and today they said maybe a little ragweed, but nothing that should be a problem! So, why can't I breathe? I'm dyin' here.

For days now, my sinus passages have been swelling up and making me stupid. I went to a co-worker's baby shower yesterday and finally had to just excuse myself and leave because I realized I was just staring at her slack-jawed. I could hear everything, but my head felt like it weighed about 20 pounds and the pressure behind my face had paralyzed my speaking muscles.

I'm trying to bombard myself with what I can - Vitamin C, decongestant, Zyrtec, Neti-pot, Tylenol - but it seems to just barely keep my head above water. And I'm doing this weird double-sneezing. Like I can't sneeze just once. I sneeze twice in quick succession - the second one comes before I can catch my breath from the first one. That's never happened before.

So, SOMETHING is in the air. And I'd appreciate it if you (metereologists, readers, whoever) could get it out. It's unpleasant.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Tyler's bad, too - we're back on antibiotic for a double ear infection, and they don't think he completely got over the strep from three weeks ago - niiiiiiice. I started him on some GREAT stuff called D-Hist Junior. I have it in adult strength, too - Scott swears by it, and Tyler already seems loads better.