Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Minutiae.

Blogging. Blog. Ing. Blooooooogging. BloggING. Buh-lah-ging.

What, oh, what to write about? Sooooo much nothingness in my head today.

Let's see. How about an inventory of my desk? I won't do my actual desk - just my computer desk. GO!

1. A small lamp.
2. My computer and mouse.
3. A little stuffed Aflac duck that quacks if I squeeze it.
4. Two speakers.
5. A postcard advertising a party that an ad agency in my office building is throwing on Thursday. Martinis and food will be served.
6. A pin for some old program that my company used to sponsor.
7. A stuffed mouse cat toy (Significance: It's a reminder of the "Who Moved My Cheese?" book - a tangible object to remind me to always be in the process of assessing if where I am is where I need to be and to not be afraid to step out of the familiar to find happiness. The only way to find happiness is to look for it and tend to it. Change is constant. Adapt to make your life work. Are you inspired?)
8. A Caribou Coffee "Caramel High Rise" granola bar, i.e. heaven in a foil packet.
9. A coffee cup filled with delicious java.
10. A pencil.
11. A card with the name of my new cell phone, which I need to order.
12. A kleenex.
13. A little contraption to hold a piece of paper vertical for me when I need to work from that paper while doing something on my computer.

I realize no actual work product is listed here, but I really do do stuff. Pieces of actual work - papers involving things I actually do - move from this desk to my actual desk and in and out of files in a constant stream. It's like a hurricane of efficiency!! Watch out!! You don't want to get a paper cut.

2 comments:

Judy said...

You need a picture with this post! :-)

Anonymous said...

Okay, your point #7 is SO relevant to my life right now! Thanks for that bit of inspiration... to not fear my job change this year but embrace it and know that I can seek out happiness.