Monday, November 26, 2007

Turkey and football and tv, oh my!

Lots to catch up on, so I guess I'd better get to it!

Turkey Day. Had a great time with the fam. Lots of good food, and the cool weather was perfecto. It was rainy, which was less fun than just simple cold, but at least it felt like Thanksgiving, so I won't complain. I have discovered the best way to handle my portion of the Thanksgiving cooking, and that is to do it at my house the night before (depending on what I'm making of course), and then arrive with my stuff already cooked and ready to go. I don't have to enter the kitchen at all on the day of the actual feast. This is especially important at my mom's house where the kitchen was apparently built as a one-person operation.

Football. Football overall was enjoyable. However. The UT game was agony, and I don't quite now how I managed to watch through to the end. Colt, baby, you're going to have to step it up and be more of a leader. Receivers, one and all, you've got to catch the ball. That's all. You have to catch it. Defensive tackles, look at the name of your position. It involves two words, the most important of which is the second word. We're going to have to figure out what kind of tackling fuel you all need, because if this happens again next year, I'm going to have a stroke. Mack, figure it out, bud. I can't take this.

Volleyball. For those who don't know, the UT volleyball team clinched a share of the Big 12 title on Saturday night with a 3 and out match against K State. Well done, ladies!

Amazing Race. It's official. I'm rooting for the brother and sister team that held onto the lead this week and for the Goths. I like the Goths. I really do. It was awesome what Vixsen (sp?) said about looking around, even in the midst of a million-dollar race, and recognizing the need and kindness of the people around them. I'm rooting against the Barbies, and though I like Kris, I still want Ron to go away, so that's a team I can't root for. The rest all kind of run together for me right now. I did find the demeanor of the team that got eliminated really good. That girl has got herself a good man - I hope they make a go of it.

And I guess that's it for now! Sorry for being incommunicado during the holidays. My DSL is down at home, and when it comes to computer stuff, I'm about as handy as a sock, so I've got to try and figure out how to get it up and running again. Wish me luck! Or, you know...come over and fix it for me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll be right over to fix it... The DSL.

Judy said...

Oh NO!!! Girl, get that connection back!

TAR - LOVE the goths and I adore the bro/sis team. I am over the barbies - they annoy me. Who was that second place team? She was all, "they should let us win - they've won three times now". Um, it is the Amazing RACE, not the Amazing TAKE TURNS. That kind of hacked me off.