Monday, November 05, 2007

It's baaaaack!

The Amazing Race is back! Fannnnnnnntastic!

Unfortunately for anyone who had hoped for one my fabulous breakdowns of teams and action, I actually missed the first half of the show and couldn't get enough of a sense of the teams with the last bit that I saw to really comment. I saw yesterday that the show was starting back up, but I hadn't realized it would start last night, so I didn't tune in until 8:00, when it was about halfway through. So any commentary from those of you out there who actually watched will be appreciated, and I'll leap in next week.

The only thing that stood out to me in the little I watched was the Marilyn Manson team. But I'll have to see more of them before I decide to say anything about them, except that I'm pretty sure if this season goes someplace like Africa, they're going to be stoned to death in the streets by scared villagers.

Great weekend. The Horns scared me half to death. A win in the last 2 seconds is a win, but really guys...I mean...really. Though I will say that the refs at that game should have their bank accounts checked. I couldn't even belief the freakin' calls. A review and a reversal on a NON-call??? Wow. Just...wow.

Saw some of my girly-o's last night and enjoyed that. And a big shout out to the best part of the weekend - you know who you are. Blog mention - an achievement of great distinction. You're not going to get cocky on me now, are you?

Oh, and stay tuned for a rant about my cell phone situation. I've been muy dissatisfied with that for quite a while, and I decided over the last week that the time has come to make a change. F-ing T-Mobile cut me off *3* times yesterday afternoon during one 20-minute phone call. I was ready to throw the phone out the window. I already know what switch I want to make, though, so I only have to put up with T-Mobile for a small bit longer and was able to restrain myself. I'll keep you all advised, because I know you're deeply affected.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

T-Mobile Sucks!

Judy said...

First, Amazing RAce was great - this is the first time I've seen the first one from start to finish. I love the grandpa/grandson team, but I know they're going to lose it early because they just don't have the stamina. I adore the daddy/daughter team, too - that would be me. And the brother-sister one is a good one, too, I think. There's some brunette chick that's a whiner, and Scott and I were both about to slap her into tomorrow when she was whining about a wrong turn (fine, okay, wrong turn, how about CONVINCING the dude to turn back instead of whining him into submission???). I thought it was hysterical with the donkeys - I'm sure PETA will be ALL OVER that one couple who were going to cook the poor beast.

As for cell phone woes, go see mine...
http://judysbragblog.blogspot.com/2007/11/oh-frickety-frick-frick-frick.html

It ain't pretty. Not for the faint of heart. Brace yourself.