Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Okay, nobody move.

Nothing can happen today. Okay?

No one can ask me to make or change plans of any kind. No one can ask me for any information, such as passwords, addresses, phone numbers, etc. There can be no movement in my finances, and nothing can occur that would require me to take notes. Everyone needs to just stay verrrrrry still.

Because I left my daytimer at home today. In fact, I left my whole briefcase at home (I use the term "briefcase" very loosely - it's a bag with all my stuff in it. But it has handles.). I'm practically naked and blind without my daytimer. I carry almost no data in my brain anymore because between my cell phone, my laptop and my daytimer, I don't need to. I'm an empty vessel. All kinds of room in there for things like thinking and laughing since very little storage is needed.

But this morning, I was distracted when I left the house, and I walked right out the door without it. I realized it when I got to work and there was nothing for me to carry up to my office. I tried to think for a moment about the ramifications, but without the daytimer to point them out to me, I couldn't be sure. So, I wandered up to the office, a lost soul, clutching my cell phone. "At least I have that," I repeated, over and over to soothe myself, looking at it periodically to be sure.

Oh, wait, I just remembered - it's Halloween. Happy Halloween everyone! (I would've known that before I started this post if I'd had my daytimer.)

2 comments:

Judy said...

AAAAHHHHH!!!

You do not know how much I feel for you right now - HATE that feeling!

Judy said...

whoops - let me clarify - I don't hate the feeling of feeling for your right now - I hate that feeling when you leave something behind like a calendar or daytimer!