Monday, October 01, 2007

Another week

Today started off poorly. I woke up at 5:48 a.m. and just for a moment, I thought it was Sunday. Joy! I can go back to sleep - hours left on the sleep clock! Imagine my disappointment when I realized the truth.

I think that disappointment is only a hangover from the disappointment I experienced Saturday at Royal-Memorial Stadium. I'm afraid this season for the Longhorns has only landmines ahead. We dodged them the first few games, but the wheels done come off the bus this weekend, and now we're all just going to shove it along the ground, striking landmine after landmine.

The first loud boom can be expected this Saturday, when OU takes out its own disappointment on us. They're going to enjoy it alot. We won't. I'll watch for as long as I can take it. Maybe some miracle will happen and we'll decide to play like the team we should be instead of the one we are. But I doubt it. At least I didn't pay a gazillion dollars for tickets to the actual game.

A short roundup:

- Pam Anderson may be getting married again. Sure. Why not?

- Jackie Chan doesn't really care for his Rush Hour movies - the humor and action are too Americanized for his taste. Didn't mind the American dollars it put in your pocket, though, did you, Jack?

- A guy who tried to extort $1 million from Tom Cruise was found dead last week. He committed "suicide." That must be Scientology-ese for "You messed with our alien leader and now you must pay." (Kidding, Scientology! Kidding! What's funny is that you would NEVER do anything like that!! Get it?? See how funny something so completely off the mark is??? You're like Islam - a religion of peace!!! Maybe I should upgrade my security system at home...)

- And from the "What the hell is wrong with people?" file, a company in India has launched a new line of bedspreads they call "The Nazi Collection." When you start the story, you're thinking, "What a complete a-hole" about whoever is responsible. Then, just for a moment, you see his explanation and you think, "Oh, it was just a stupid mistake." But then the guy responsible says: "It really does not matter to me who feels bad about it." So, yeah, first impression was the right one. What an a-hole.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Girl, it didn't happen. I know you had tickets and were "there", but it didn't happen, okay? Just like the Holocaust. Go with me on this, okay?

*sigh*


DISCLAIMER: I am NOT (repeat NOT) saying that the holocaust didn't happen. So, anyone who reads it that way needs to, um, read it a different way.