Wednesday, October 17, 2007

blah, blah, blah

Headed to Dallas for a few days for work. I can't think of anything witty to say about it. I can't think of anything witty to say about anything else either. I've had coffee, but no breakfast. Maybe that's what's plugging up the works. Maybe I need calories to get the brain working.

In fact, I'm probably working at a deficit now and should double up on my calories - half to get me back to normal and the other half to propel me to brilliantnessnessishness. See? Look at that. I'm practically wasting away on an intellectual level. I should probably find a breakfast buffet at this point. But it's after 10:00 a.m. There are no breakfast buffets on a weekday after 10. Mother of all that is holy, what are they trying to do to me? I'm going to be practically retarded in the next half-hour and it's all the fault of the Breakfast Hour Police.

There's also the small hurdle of being trapped at the office. I can't actually leave to go eat even if I knew where to go. But that's a distraction. Let's keep the blame where it belongs. On God, who designed me to be virtually incapable of getting up any earlier than I currently do so that I might have had a little more time to get some breakfast this morning on the way to work. I usually bring cereal with me, but since I'm going out of town, I didn't want to carry around Tupperware, so that was out. And I ate my last emergency Pop Tart yesterday. It's just a disaster.

What if I'm too stupid to even order any lunch by the time that's appropriate?

1 comment:

Judy said...

Tacos, girl! Those can be had anytime!!!

I'll send you some cookie dough for your emergency stash...I apparently am helping out every elementary-aged child in a 12 mile radius with their cookie dough sales...