Friday, October 05, 2007

Friday is a good day.

It's Friiiiiiidaaaaay!!!! Woo-hoo!!!

It's not so much the "Friday" part that makes me happy as the fact that today will be followed by Saturday, which will be followed by Sunday. Stretching out before me are two whole days where I get to sleep in and be the master of my own schedule. I don't have to go or be anywhere I don't want to go or be.

Okay, technically, I have that option during the week - I'd just have to sacrifice a paycheck for the freedom. And while I have a nice little nest egg going ("A bird lives in a round stick!" - If you can name that movie quote, you get to be my new best friend.), I'm not quite ready for retirement just yet.

On another note, I saw a neat little new show the other night: Pushing Daisies. It's kind of sci-fi, kind of fantasy, kind of romance, kind of murder mystery, kind of Tim Burton, kind of Coen Brothers, and really enjoyable. It doesn't hurt that the lead character is nice to look at, but so is his love interest - in fact, I especially like her, because she gives me hope. See, the lead character is pursued romantically by a sex-pot blonde, but he doesn't want her - he wants the pretty little brunette he's loved since he was a kid. It gives hope to all us little brunettes that maybe, just maybe, there are guys out there who really would want us even if they had the option of a sex-pot blonde. Dream the dream, little dreamer...

The lead is a pie maker, and his pie shop is called "The Pie Hole." Love it. He's got this great sidekick, who cracks me up (he actually calls the lead guy "bitch" at one point when the lead guy almost accidentally kills him), and the love interest's aunts used to be synchronized swimmers. Awesome. The cast is mostly people I don't know, but they're really good. One name you may have heard is Swoosie Kurtz - she plays one of the love interest's crazy aunts. They're going to do a repeat of the Pushing Daisies series premiere tonight at 7:00 (CST), so check it out. Let me know if you like it!

2 comments:

Judy said...

Isn't that Mel Brooks? Lost In America???? Had something to do with "nest egg" didn't it?

I may have to check out Pushing Daisies. Did you watch that new one, "Big Shots" last night? I missed last week with the preiere, and it is moving a wee bit too fast for me to follow. BUT, Dylan McDermott is in it...so I can watch it for a few more times. ;-)

Suzanne said...

You were so very close, Judy. You got the movie and the "nest egg" reference (though that was a giveaway since I placed the quote after my nest egg comment), but it was ALBERT Brooks, not Mel Brooks - verrrry different. So, I'm sorry. You have missed the prize. You are, however, my *oldest* friend, and that, little lady, shall never be auctioned off for a movie quote.