Thursday, October 25, 2007

Updates

I thought I'd take time to update you on some of the subjects brought up on the blog recently. I mention things, and then you don't always hear how things turn out. So, here's where some things stand:

1. Neti Pot - I bought one. It was only $14, so I figured it was worth a try. I haven't actually tried it, though. If I don't drown myself, I'll let you know how effective it is for me.

2. Shirley MacLaine - I'm assuming still nutty.

3. Pushing Daisies - still lovin' it.

4. The Longhorns - rebounding, much to my relief. We won't be in any national championship games, I don't believe, but if we maintain for the rest of the season, we'll get a bowl game and end with a respectable ranking.

5. Pam Anderson - still married. Stay tuned.

6. Mouse hunt - I never caught any mice in the traps I bought, but I also haven't seen them or much new evidence of them, so maybe they found out I didn't want them around and got offended and left. That's a tactic the pesticide industry doesn't want you to know about - shunning.

7. Neighbors - neighbor finished spray-painting truck dark green. It looks like a truck that's been spray-painted dark green. He moved on to a project that involved staking out the property line between us in the front yard. This caused me grave concern. So, I asked him what he was planning on doing. With limited English proficiency he indicated that he's going to plant some kind of purple plant - presumably a number of them since he showed me one and they're not that big (at least so far) and it looks like he's aiming for the entire length of the property line. I hope they're not going to grow very big because I have an oleander shrub/tree on the side of the house bordering his yard, and the tree is huge. If those plants end up forming some kind of giant hedge, I'm going to have trouble mowing around that tree. At least he takes care of his yard, though. His lawn looks much better than mine, what with my "You've been planted - good luck to you" attitude about lawncare.

Anything else you've been wondering about?

1 comment:

Judy said...

Purple shrubs? Do they have thorns?

Yeah, Scott mentioned he didn't think the spray paint project would have the desired effect the dude was going for...or maybe that's what he wanted?

As for the neti pot, if it doesn't work out, you can always use it as a creamer...