Wednesday, November 26, 2008

"That's where the baby goes."

That subject line will only make sense to one person. I don't normally resort to inside jokes here on the blog, but bear with me.

I found the following webcam today. J, it won't appeal to you, but to the rest of the planet, whose hearts are not frozen, it will be a source of much smiling, as it is a live feed of a gaggle of puppies frolicking and rough-housing and just generally being puppies. It's entertaining just on its face, but it also strikes me in another way.

See, I grew up with just one sibling. Just me and my bro. There were many times that we built forts from lamps and blankets (I still remember the smell of the fire we started), or played board games (It's a natural reaction to pound the board from underneath and send the pieces flying all over the room when you lose, OKAY??) or came up with our own games (like Steamroller, which consisted of me rolling over my brother and him barely noticing, then him rolling over me and stopping when his full weight was crushing me into the floor and me trying to breathe - good times). There were also many times that we each we pretended we were only children, which is a whole other post. On the whole, though, there wasn't much in the way of chaos. It was all pretty manageable for my parents.

J, on the other hand, was one of eight siblings. Eight. Madness, right? How did his parents keep from running away? I do not know. As you might imagine, J has some stories from his childhood, and as I watch these puppies, I have to believe it must be a fair representation of his family home at some point. Am I right or am I right?

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I don't like dogs or any animals for that matter, does that mean my heart is frozen too? I do like kids though. So maybe not.

It is true our family was super crazy and lots of wild fun most of the time. Eight was a great number and I love all my siblings like crazy.

Suzanne said...

I'm sorry to tell you that yes, that does in fact mean that you're heart is covered in ice. It's a scientific fact, and I can't be held responsible for science, so don't shoot the messenger. It appears it might be genetic, though J does like cats, so his is thawed in the center.

Unknown said...

I thought the link was cute, puppies are better than big scary dogs... And it's not that I like cats, it's that I am a cat, so you can see why I'm not a huge fan of dogs... Some cats get along with dogs, but most of us cats don't... And I do have a heart of ice, though I'm certain my sis Tiff does not... She is the head sumaritan of our family... It's ok not to like animals and just kids... Nothin wrong with that sis, and thanks for the love... J!

Suzanne said...

Okay, you guys know I'm kidding, right? This seems to have taken a turn on me. ... No one has a frozen heart. It's okay not to like dogs. It's even fine if you don't like animals at all. In fact, you don't have to like kids, either - I have generous, kind, warm-hearted friends who aren't into kids. So quick, before my boyfriend and his whole family hate me, I take it back! Everyone is wonderful, no matter what living creature they despise or love!! From now on, I'll just talk about grocery stores and bad job offers...

Judy said...

EEKS - what kind of garbola did you catch over this to warrant a comment here? LOL I personally like the dude-cam - did you send me that one in an email? Or here? Or am I dreaming it up?