Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Splish, splash, I am again takin' a bath!

That glorious elixir of life has been restored to me once again! It flows through my toilet and shower and sinks like a river of...wet...water. Yeah, that kinda fell apart at the end there, but you get the point. My house has water again!

I managed to avoid the plumber option thanks to J and his handyman skills and a whole lotta manual labor on his part on a day when he really felt like ass. I thanked him profusely several times, but he didn't really say much in response, so I'm not sure if he was just wiped out or if he's questioning whether my love is really worth muddy plumbing.

I can tell you that his ability to fix what turned out to be a piss-poorly repaired pipe from when the house was BUILT (Yes, that's right, when the house was under construction, the pipe apparently cracked and instead of replacing it, the fantastico construction workers just did a half-ass repair on it, stuck it back in the ground and then threw a bunch of constrution debris in on top of it - like rebar. I'm sure that's recommended by architectural engineers everywhere.), saved me a great deal of time, money, stress and trouble. So, though my personal gratitude didn't seem to carry much weight last night, I will give some very public gratitude now, nonetheless. Outstanding performance must be recognized. So, giant thanks to J for his hard work, brains and brawn. There's is nothing more awesome than a man who can DO STUFF!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Baby! I was wiped last night... Diggin in the rain and mud is always hard on me cause I'm such a clean freak, but we got the water back on and that is well worth the work! And we both know plumbers suck, so I'm glad I could help bypass that whole headache...

Your gratitude is always appreciated and you are worth all the muddy dirty days in the world...

Your J!

Judy said...

The dude's a GOD - Scott will fix a number of ills, but plumbing ain't one of them...kudos to J for getting in there and gettin' a little dirty!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure we want to hear all about your "personal gratitude" to J. Hee hee..

Suzanne said...

Mind in the gutter, tsk, tsk, tsk. And besides, I think I'm insulted - if that were the gratitude I was talkin' about, you'd want to hear all about it, man!! You'd want pictures!!