Monday, November 24, 2008

"God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

Well, it's almost turkey day - just a few more days to go! I am very much looking forward to a couple of days off with my loved ones - just food, football and people I love. Good times!

I thought I'd share a little holiday humor from my youth with you. Not that I want my blog to become just a constant stream of my favorite videos, but this is just classic for anyone who grew up in the 80s. One of my favorite shows was WKRP in Cincinnatti, and they had a Thanksgiving episode that anyone who watched it will never forget. If you've never seen it, it's a little on the cruel side, but if you've seen it before, you know that the station manager in a later scene is just beside himself about making a very, very stupid mistake about turkeys. You can probably guess from my subject line what the mistake was. Knowing that doesn't ruin the humor of this scene, though, which primarily rests on the delivery of the actor playing Les Nessman. That character was just gold. Take it away, Les!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's great! I used to love that show...

Judy said...

Oh how I miss the good old days! WKRP was CLASSIC!