Monday, November 10, 2008

I need a couch in my office.

It's a mad house at Chez Suzanne right now. I couldn't cover all of it even if I wanted to, and some of it isn't worth giving the time of day because it ain't no thang but a chicken wang and Suzy Q is ready to leave it all in the dust now, but I'll give you the high points of my really busy weekend.

Friday - Wurstfest!! J and I had a way fun time at Wurstfest (as always) with my friends. J is fighting another cold (how much does that suck - two in a row?), but he's a trooper and always up for a good time, so he soldiered through the ick and muck in his head and lungs and powered through with suprisingly robust performances on the conga line, chicken dance AND the hokey pokey. The man is unstoppable!

Our favorite band this year was the Sauerkrauts. The accordian player is a rock stah, and I want to thank Laurie for "dancing" with me (really we just ran back in forth in dance formation and threw each other around in circles). Thank heaven I have friends who love to have fun and don't care if they look stupid. Makes life so much more enjoyable. Ang and Jason, thanks for making the late trek out - it wouldn't have been the same without you (even if we were ships passing in the night)! And Jimmy, I hope it was a happy, happy birthday. Oy, oy, oy!!

Saturday -
1. Football. Yay for a great win by UT. Boo for OSU letting Tech run all over them. That said, if someone has to be ahead of us in the polls, better Tech than A&M or OU. That Leach is an offensive savant people - it was only a matter of time until Tech had a season like this.

2. Really great gig with the band. Again, I must give props to J who was feeling like crap but still managed to give a great show. You are a pro, baby. And the band is sounding tighter with each passing week - some really fun and exciting times are on the horizon!

Sunday -
1. Amazing Race. I'm so very glad the Divorcess are out, and I'm so chagrined they were wearing UT shirts. I grimaced every time they were on screen with those shirts. I think the next time I'll root for to get oustered is Terence and Sarah. I just can't listen to his whining anymore.

2. Water. We all need it right? Then don't go to my house right now. This one is a low point, instead of a high point. I got a knock on the door yesterday afternoon from my neighbor. Seemed a small lake was forming in my yard and the water meter was spinning like a top. Apparently a pipe has burst in my yard - dammit, dammit, dammit. We had to cut the water off at the meter, and J is taking a run at tracking down where the break is and seeing what exactly we're dealing with. Awesome, no? Ugh. I'll keep you posted.

See what I mean? Each one of those could've been a post in itself, and that's just the stuff that's blog-worthy! What a week! Whew. I need a nap just recapping it. Think that would go over with my boss?

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Sounds like a crazy week. So sad about the water pipe. I hope it gets fixed soon

I too am so thrilled that the divorcees are gone. They were nutzo.

Judy said...

Once again, I MISSED AR! We were cruising through Santa's Ranch - got the season pass, ya know.

Hope the leak is on the city's side. Let them deal with it!