Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Finally, the Amazing Race recap

Okay, it's taken me a few days, but let's talk about The Amazing Race!

This week was a great pleasure for me. The Divorcees being gone was really nice, and I couldn't have been happier with the outcome. But let's take it step by step.

First leg, fly to Kazakhstan. There is only one reason in the world that this country was included in this race. Borat. No one on the planet would know that country existed if not for that guy, so I really think they ought to be providing him with some kind of lifetime stipend, just as a thank you. That aside, the main storyline of this leg seemed to be the growing flirtation between Starr and Dallas. Seeing as the race is almost over, I can't get too invested in that, so whatevuh. It's a little late in the game to be trying to build that into too much.

Chicken factory. This was another one of those times where the task made their various flight times pretty much a moot point. They all just caught up to one another, regardless of the flights they took, because the factory didn't open until 7:30. That's got to be frustrating for the teams in the lead. The Roadblock with the chickens didn't look too bad. I'm sure the smell was atrocious, though. I drove by a chicken factory once and almost gagged, and these people were right in among the animals. No one mentioned that though.

This is also where the Fast Forward came into play. As soon as they said what it would be, I told J that Terence would never make it. I laughed in triumph as he pussed out and finally gave up. Here's the thing about that challenge. If you're a vegetarian, then be committed to that. Tell your racing partner before you ever start the race that you're not going to do any eating challenges involving meat. So if that comes up, you guys know immediately to bail or get some kind of alternate game plan. Don't sit there talking about how you haven't eaten meat in 15 years, vacillating about doing it, then abandon what is supposedly a principle for you, then gag and whine through it, wasting time, until you eventually say you can't do it. They weren't in any real danger of losing this leg, so the Fast Forward wasn't that important for them, but he sat there wasting time and whining like always and didn't even finish.

At one point, Sarah said "No one is tougher than us!" And J and I both said, "No one is tougher than YOU, Sarah. Everyone is tougher than Terence." I loved how both of the girls finished their plates first. And for the record, I probably wouldn't have been as tough as both of those girls. I might have been able to finish if I had to, for a million bucks, but I wouldn't have been the first one finished. The eating challenges would definitely be my Achilles heel in The Amazing Race!

Crane trucks to Mongol warriors. What was that about anyway? Crane trucks? Those eagles were *beautiful* though! Very impressive.

Detour: Play Like Mad or Act Like Fools. I'm suprised that not one team attempted the Play Like Mad. The cow thing was cute, though. You could have a lot of fun with that, as Dallas did. He and his mom really do work together well. It was an interesting comparison seeing how they managed the costume and getting around versus Tina and Ken. As usual, she just seemed to boss him around. I laughed when she kept screwing up. I really don't see how that guy can choose to stay with her when this is all over. She doesn't treat him like an equal partner at all. And I have no idea how Andrew and Dan are still in this thing. I like those guys. They're nice. But they're terrible racers. They really should go out in the next round. It's just wrong if they end up in the finale.

In the end, it was Terence and Sarah that were eliminated this round. It's too bad for Sarah, because she's a good racer. Terence, well, I think we all know how I feel about him. It sounds like they're happy to stay together now that it's over. I should be happy for them, but I really think she could do better. But if she wants to date a whiney girl-man, then I guess she's getting what she wants, so to each his own. Me, I like the J-man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YES! She likes me, she really likes me... ;) I like you too baby!

Your J!