Friday, November 21, 2008

Cartoon Excellence Friday!

Okay, I got no feedback whatsoever on the Space Ghost cartoon last week. I may try another episode of that with you guys later, but for now, let's try something else.

Another little gem that I used to watch on Adult Swim was a cartoon called Home Movies. The main character was a kid named Brendan who made movies with his two best friends. He wrote scripts and they acted them out and filmed them with his camcorder. The cartoon was basically about these kids and their lives, and you usually saw footage from their movies, but there were peripheral characters that also sometimes took center stage. It sounds kind of boring, but it was actually really well done, with great characters, and you could imagine being these kids and making the movies yourself when you were a kid (we didn't have camcorders when I was a kid, but my friends and I dressed up all the time and had imaginary worlds - we played Charlies Angels alot as I recall...but I digress).

The clip I picked for today actually centers on one of the peripheral characters - the kids' soccer coach, Coach McGuirk. I freakin' love this character. He's hilarious! Even though the kids aren't as present in this episode, you get a real sense of the humor of this show. I hope you like it!

3 comments:

Judy said...

Girl, I have NO clue what these cartoons are. Sorry. Tom and Jerry? Yes. Roadrunner? Yes. Mickey Mouse? Yes.

But, this insomniac in a superhero-looking bodysuit? No clue. LOL

Tiffany said...

funny

Anonymous said...

Ok, this one I like! Space Ghost - I couldn't find the humor to save my life. I need words to make sense. But this one was entertaining for sure.