Thursday, November 13, 2008

A weekend of nothing...or something

I have nothing to do this weekend. And the prospect makes me giddy.

I really love my busy life. I love all the social things I do, and the band, and my family, and my side projects, but sometimes, you just really need a couple of days where there's *nothing* on the agenda. If you wanted to just sit in front of the TV all day and watch a Bones marathon or doze to a constant stream of college football, you could do that.

Not that you have to be a lump. Maybe this weekend we'll go to a movie. Or I'll finally re-edit the vacation DVD I made of my Alaskan cruise with my parents from a couple of years ago. Or I'll cook something extravagant. Or (and this one I'm really hoping for) J and I will bike through the city one morning and have breakfast at Austin Java and then hit the Farmer's Market and daydream about which high-rise condo we want to live in.

It's wide open, people! We could do nothing. We could do something. It's up to us! No obligations. Man, that's nice.

2 comments:

Judy said...

What is this "nothing to do" of which you speak? It exists? Where can I buy some?

Anonymous said...

Amen.

Can I just say again, Amen, sister!