Sunday, August 03, 2008

In my email... (back from vacation edition)

teacherthirdgrade@yahoo.com is offering me "Same quality medications but lower prices"

I think that, for one thing, this is an indication that we don't pay our teachers enough. This person clearly needs a second job selling quality medications at a discount in order to make ends meet, and I think that's just sad. When do they have time to grade papers if their off hours are spent marketing their sideline business? Oh wait - it's summer. This person has the summer off, which is way more than I get at my job. I've changed my mind. I don't feel bad for them at all.

On another note, though, the parents with kids in this person's class should think long and hard about whether or not they want this person teaching their children. What are the odds this teacher is selling quality medications at low prices without actually dipping into their stash occasionally? If they can afford to sell at lower prices, it probably doesn't hurt their bottom line to dip their toe in once in a while. A little Zoloft here, a little Prozac there. You don't know. You want your third grader in the care of someone all hopped up on Lipitor? Think about it.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Depends on the person - I've seen some teachers that could benefit from some sideline drug-action.

And LOL at the "summer's off" comment! My BIL and SIL have had the kids in daycare all summer with the inservices and workshops they've had to do - teaching summer school, bus driver training - so much for their summer being off.