Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I'm an eeediot.

I was going to blog about the greatness that is Michael Phelps, with some possible mention of a few other things Olympic, but the morning threw me a curveball, and instead I have to send a public shout-out to my awesome boyfriend, J!

I stepped into my garage this morning to head to work, and the light was on inside my car. Hmmmm. I don't remember going out to my car for anything this morning...so...that means it's been on since last night. Oh. Crap.

Sure enough, I get in the car, and it won't start. Apparently, I'd only half shut the door last night when I last got out of the car, so the door sat ajar all night with the light on, and by this morning, the battery was drained. I'm a moron.

I stepped outside to see if my neighbors were around, since they'd give me a jump, no problem. But they work construction, so they leave earlier than I do and were long gone. I contemplated the neighbors on the other side, but they don't speak English, and I didn't see myself knocking on their door at 7:15 a.m. and trying to explain myself.

AAA? Well, I have AAA. And if it's 1:00 a.m., and you're leaving the clubs, and some a-hole has let the air out of all 4 of your tires because he doesn't like where you parked in the parking garage (true story), AAA is a godsend. But anyone who has AAA can attest that as a general rule, they take about 45 minutes to 2 hours to get to you, depending on where the tow-truck-contractor is located when they call him and traffic, so if you're trying to get to work and you don't really want to wait 2 hours if you can help it, and you have any other option of someone who can get to you quicker and actually solve your problem, it's best to go with the other option.

All I needed was a jump, and J is only 20 minutes away. The downside is that one of the reasons he's a musician for a living is so he doesn't have to be awake at 7:15 a.m. So, calling him at that hour and asking him to drive all the way over to help me in morning traffic is not something that wins you girlfriend points. But it was my best option.

To J's never-ending credit, as soon as I told him what was going on, he said (in his groggy morning voice), "I'll be right there" with no hesitation. Thirty minutes later, my car was started, and I was on my way to work, arriving there early enough that I can make up the lost time on my lunch hour and not even have to burn any vacation time.

So, J, you are a rock star not just on stage, but also as a boyfriend! Thanks for being so awesome and savin' my bacon without a word of complaint. :)

3 comments:

Johnny Austin said...

Ah baby, I love shout outs! It was no problem... It gave me a beautiful morning drive, and on this new day I got an amazing work out and a bike ride along the lake trail in... And all before I have to head to work at noon... Sweet! So it's I who should be thankin you! Thanks baby, for the wake up call!

Your J!

Judy said...

Now THERE'S some lovin'. Kudos to the J-man!

and yeah, AAA sucks in their response time.

Anonymous said...

Aww, very sweet. Every once in awhile, we strong, independent women happen to need a little rescueing by a "prince", and we are very fortunate to get it! Good boyfriends ROCK!