Thursday, July 24, 2008

Why, I ask you, why?

So, I'm in the beautiful Renaissance Worthington hotel here in fabulous Fort Worth, and I have only one question for you. Whose bright idea was it to replace toilet ROLLS with toilet paper SQUARES in the public bathrooms here? This place is *pricey* and they can't afford real rolls of paper? For what we're paying?

In my room there are rolls, as it should be, but in the bathrooms in the public spaces, near the meeting rooms and lobbies, they use individual squares. So, you have to pull out how much you want to use one square at a time.

Do they think this will encourage people to use less paper? Because it doesn't. It only annoys me, and then I think, "Don't try to manipulate me into using the amount of paper you want me to use rather than the amount I want to use." And then I use more. Just to prove a point. Immature? Maybe. But I'm just tellin' it like it is. And don't pretend you're Sheryl Crow, and you're better than me, and you'd just use one square. You know you'd load up in aggravation, too.

Oh, and there's one more consideration. Someone in the bathroom next to our meeting rooms had, let's say, a problem - a spectacularly bad accident that the cleaning people had to clean in stages because they were gagging as they tried to clean it up and they simply couldn't stand to be in the bathroom for an extended period of time (neither could I, in fact, and today is only marginally better in there). Now, I'm not saying that a roll of paper would have prevented the mess, but I have to think that if I'm the person whose insides have just exploded, and I reach for the toilet paper to try and control the carnage, and all I pull back is a square of thin paper...well, I wouldn't be happy. Let's leave it at that.

1 comment:

Judy said...

I've seen these around - can't remember where, but it was somewhere with Tyler because he commented on them as well! Kind of scary when a 3 year old notices the miserly ways of some establishment!