Thursday, July 10, 2008

Good food and good music. What else do you need?

Hoo-boy - still in the weeds around here! Sorry I'm still not posting regularly. Someday things will calm down...and then I'll go on vacation. ;)

Work is crazy busy, but I had a nice, relaxing evening last night. J and I went for 2-for-1 burgers at Hut's, then hit Blues on the Green. Our Hut's burger extravaganza this week was the Beach Boy Burger. It has swiss cheese, pineapple and green pepper. I know - it sounds hideous. But it's really good! It's J's favorite, and I'm always denying him on it because I just couldn't see how that combination belonged on a burger. But I gave in, and I must say, I really enjoyed it. Gotta keep an open mind, people! (No, J, that doesn't mean we'll be getting that everytime now.)

Blues on the Green was also very cool. We had perfect weather and last night Los Lonely Boys were headlining. There was an opening band, but I'm not sure of the name. I think they said "Tex Mix" but I think I might be off on that somehow. In any case, Los Lonely Boys were great. J went to check out the stage and got up there just as they were arriving. Ringo came out and mingled with fans, signing autographs and such, and he gave J "bones" - that means they bumped fists in greeting for those of you who don't know all the cool lingo. Cuz, you know, I knew...right after J told me.

We topped off the night with a visit to Sonic for one of their fantabulous new Banana Split blasts. It was taaaasty! Sonic has good fast food in my estimation. And I love their commercials, so that makes everything taste even better. Top fast food choices for me: Sonic, Wendy's, Arby's. If I'm jonesing for a fish sandwich, then McDonald's has the best, and Burger King makes a mighty fine chicken sandwich. But Sonic has tots. Tots, I say!! AND cherry limeade. Hello. How are you gonna beat tots and cherry limeade?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The Opening band was "The Tex Mix Experience" And yes, it was another Fan-tabulous evening in the greatest city in the world, Austin Texas Baby! Thanks for sharing it with me!

J!

Judy said...

Do you know how long it has been since I had tots from Sonic? Oh my...