Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Your daily dose of cute

I'm finally starting to surface after finishing a long project! Sorry for the infrequent posts, but I'm going to start back strong with something today that's just too freakin' cute.

One of the blogs I like to stop by is The Daily Kitten. I noticed that a poster there kept referring to "munchkin" kittens, like it was the name of a breed. So, I investigated. And there is a such a thing!

Seems the breed originated from a genetic mutation (if Wikipedia is to be believed), and it's a breed of cats that have unusually short legs. Here's a YouTube video of a munchkin kitten: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBO2U7SZ5qs.

I hesitate to believe conclusively that this is a breed, rather than a deformity, since the little fella in the video appears to have a long-legged sibling, but tell me that's not the cutest thing ever!

1 comment:

Judy said...

Okay, that IS cute.

I, for one, am glad you have only posted once since I was gone. I have 244 other posts to read on my feedreader now...ugh.