Monday, July 14, 2008

My horoscope

My horoscope today: "Thanks to a recent accomplishment, you should be feeling much more confident today."

Well, I am feeling pretty good about a recent accomplishment, but being the type to be ever-reaching skyward, I'm already transitioning to, "Yeah, I did that, but what about the NEXT step???"

The project I've been working on has a bunch of different steps in it, and I've just gotten past the first few. The next one could be easy and quick or it could be long and tedious. Unfortunately, someone else is in control at this point, so I have to just wait patiently for them to decide what my next move is.

I can't decide if I want to know now or I want them to wait a few weeks to give me the verdict, though. I have a bunch of stuff to do in the next 3 weeks, including a vacation, and I'm not sure I want to know if the verdict is that I'll have a long and tedious process ahead of me. There won't be anything I can do on it until after these next few weeks, so I might prefer to just enjoy my vacation, then when I get back, I can find out that I've got a hassle ahead of me and get started on it. On the other hand, if the verdict is that it's easy and quick, then go ahead and tell me and I can enjoy that!

Audience poll: Would you rather know that you've got something big ahead of you, weeks before you can actually tackle it? Or would you rather just not now until you're actually in a position to do something about it?

2 comments:

Judy said...

I have always been a "need to know NOW" kind of gal, but I can totally see where waiting until after the old vacay would be a good thing...especially if there is nothing you'd be able to do about it now except brood on it.

Anonymous said...

I'd have to wait on the news. If I know action needs to be taken, but I can't do it right away...I'd go loco! Of couse, that's easier to say than to do!