Monday, May 05, 2008

Is it wave ESP?

So, I had a great weekend at the coast - a fair amount of sun and surf and plenty of relaxation and good times!

I had the day off on Friday, so my man and I headed to Galveston for a long weekend to enjoy some early season beach time. The Gulf hasn't quite warmed up to its usual bathwater temps, but we were able to get in for a bit on Saturday and enjoy some bodysurfing. There were even surfers out on Friday and Saturday, so don't let anyone tell you there's no surfing on the Texas coast!

Interestingly, though, there were no surfers on Sunday. This isn't interesting in terms of the waves - J told me that the waves weren't good enough on Sunday to surf, so I understand why they weren't surfing. What I don't understand is how the surfers *knew* that the waves were no good that morning. It's not like we saw a parade of people driving down with surfboards strapped to the roof, taking a look at the conditions and then driving away. And there's no local news station in Galveston to give a surf report, so how do they know???

1 comment:

Judy said...

Currents and wind directions?

Glad you had a great weekend!