Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Got my refund!

Or my tax stimulus check or whatever you want to call it. Since it came from the government, which means it came from me to begin with, I should probably just say, "Got my money back!"

In any case, I shall indeed stimulate the economy by spending it. I will be using my check to buy football tickets - woohoo!!

The check will not actually cover the full cost of my 2008 UT football tickets, but I have some stock earnings that I'm also putting toward this worthy cause, so it's all taken care of. Even the fantabulous Florida Atlantic tickets - should be a game for the ages. Or another pointless scrimmage that costs WAY more than it has a right to.

On the upside, the a&m game is in Austin this year, so by being willing to pony up for Florida Atlantic "game," I'll also get tics to the a&m game. This year that game will actually be on Thanksgiving. So, after fortifying myself with turkey and all the carbs I can shove down my gullet, I'll have to pleasure of sitting in my very own season tickets spot for the annual spectacle. I figure I'll burn off most of my turkey dinner calories climbing up to my seats and screaming for my team. Can't beat that.

Oh, how I do loves the foosball - here it is May and I'm already posting about it for this season. Ees a beautiful thing, no?

3 comments:

Judy said...

YAY football! You know where to find me...

Unknown said...

Talking about Turkey and Football is makin me hungry! Hooray for the Fall, but yeah, maybe we should enjoy our Summer first! Good job gettin the tickets babe!

J

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo for football! But not just ANY football... LONGHORN football! If Jonathan is ever out of town and you need someone to take one of your tix off your hands and go with, CALL ME! :)