Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A little OCD.

I think I have just a touch of OCD. Just a touch!

Some people have to lock the door three times before they can leave the house, or they have to turn the water on and off four times to be sure it's off. With me, it's the garage door. I may have blogged about this before (I'm too lazy to look it up), but I frequently drive off down the street after backing out of my garage and can't remember if I've closed the garage door. Invariably, I have to turn around and go back and check. Invariably, it's closed.

I had one of those moments this morning. Bad timing really, because for some reason I don't know, the traffic has suddenly gotten horrendous getting out of my neighborhood in the morning, and delaying myself even by a couple of minutes to soothe my compulsive mind that the garage door IS closed - as it always is - throws a real monkey wrench into my commute.

But I had to do it. I had to go back. I had to be sure. I just couldn't drive off to work, unsure whether my garage door was standing open. So, I went back. It was closed.

I can't be the only one with this affliction. Surely, there's *something* that each of you out there is OCD about! What is it?? What are you obsessive-compulsive about???

2 comments:

Judy said...

Oh girl, not a day goes by that I don't question if I put the garage door down, and I do, but I have to go back and check!

That and the kids' shoes - those are my downfalls...

Anonymous said...

Hmm, must be a common OCD... I have the garage-door affliction as well. I've actually left mine up several times in the few couple years (in the morning sometimes, but twice I left it up after I pulled in at night and didn't hit the door button to make it close. My awesome neighbors across the street have called me almost every time to tell me.