Monday, March 03, 2008

I saw Chuck Woolery.

Seriously. I'm not making that up, and it's not a euphemism. I saw Chuck Woolery yesterday at a coffee shop!

Oh, crime in Italy, you're not going to try and pretend you don't know who Chuck Woolery is, are you? FINE. This is Chuck:


Among other game shows, he hosted Wheel of Fortune before Pat Sajak got the gig, but if you're like me, what you remember him for is Love Connection. Don't even try and tell me you didn't watch Love Connection - unless you're under the age of 30, and then maybe you didn't. For you chil'ren out there, Love Connection was the precursor to Blind Date. People went on set-up dates and then came back to the studio together and reported on camera how it went. There were rarely scenes involving naked hot-tubbing and a lot of bleeping, so you young-uns might not have enjoyed it. But it was fun.

Anyway, I did a little research after spotting him, and it seems he bought a house near Austin in 2006. Who knew? I'm actually glad I didn't know. It makes the fact that I recognized him all the more impressive. Would YOU have recognized him? Even with cheesy highlighted tips in his hair? Yeah, right. Just go ahead and bow to my pop-culture savant-ness. You know you're impressed.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Girl, you scare me.

LOL

Nah, I probably would have recognized him and made an idiot out of myself. I'm not very subtle about stuff like that.