Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Barry Bonds. Big Deal.

I don't follow pro baseball. I follow *some* college baseball (okay, mostly just UT), but that's about it - I never got too into baseball. I'm a football gal. I'm from Texas - what can I say?

But not being a student of the game doesn't stop me from knowing all about Barry Bonds and the Barry Bonds controversy and Barry Bonds tying Hank Aaron's record and Barry Bonds gets booed where Barry Bonds doesn't get cheered. And Barry Bonds.

My personal take on the matter is that his "record" should have a big-ass asterisk next to it. In my mind, he hasn't broken Hank Aaron's record. When he can do it without steroids and extra equipment, then we'll talk. If you don't know what I mean about him using extra equipment, read this article. Bonds apparently can't just cheat in one way - he's got to do it two ways in order to catch Aaron.

So, Hank, as far I'm concerned, you're still the king. And I imagine I'm not alone in that.

I wonder how many hot dogs Bonds can eat?

2 comments:

Judy said...

The best part of the Bonds deal is that I guarantee he won't hold the record for long. A-Rod is 31 years old and not far behind him in the running. The ink won't even dry on the record books for Bonds before he's overtaken.

Suzanne said...

Very good point. And A-Rod is doing it the old-fashioned way, with skill and talent instead of drugs and mechanics.