Thursday, August 09, 2007

Something I'm trying to learn.

It's not what someone says to me that matters in the long run. It's what they do. Said more eloquently:

I have always thought the actions of men the best interpreters of their thoughts. ~John Locke

When deeds speak, words are nothing. ~African Proverb

Well done is better than well said. ~Benjamin Franklin

Words without actions are the assassins of idealism. ~Herbert Hoover

Trust only movement. Life happens at the level of events, not of words. Trust movement. ~Alfred Adler

A promise is a cloud; fulfillment is rain. ~Arabian Proverb

Remember, people will judge you by your actions, not your intentions. You may have a heart of gold, but so does a hard-boiled egg. ~Author Unknown

Talk doesn't cook rice. ~Chinese Proverb

Ironically, making a statement with words is the least effective method. ~Grey Livingston

Just as a flower, which seems beautiful has color but no perfume, so are the fruitless words of a man who speaks them but does them not. ~Dhammapada

We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts. ~Harold Nicolson

Suit the action to the word, the word to the action. ~Shakespeare

As I grow older I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do. ~Andrew Carnegie

Between saying and doing many a pair of shoes is worn out. ~Italian Proverb

People may doubt what you say, but they will believe what you do. ~Lewis Cass

I wonder how many ways I'll have to hear it before I get it?

No comments: