Thursday, January 24, 2008

Round it up

Lots of things going on, so I think a round up is in order.

1. It's looking like the government is going to give us tax rebates to avoid a recession - $300 to $1200. I have an idea, Uncle Sam: don't take it from me in the first place.

2. MacBook Air.

As soon as I saw it, I had the same reaction as Robin Roberts on Good Morning America (for the record, as much as I don't like Diane Sawyer, I really like Robin Roberts): "I don't know what it is, but I want it." She said "want" like "won't" to be funny - and it was. See why I like her better than Diane Sawyer? But I digress. I actually did know what it was - another supercool Mac product! A super-thin laptop! I love Macs! I love laptops! And I love thin! But I've read a review, and they said it doesn't have a built in CD/DVD drive, it's got too few ports and the battery is sealed, so you can't replace it on your own. I need the ports and the CD/DVD drive, and I like to be able to buy a new battery on eBay and change it out myself if necessary, so the Air will not be for me...until they get that stuff changed and it's another PERFECT Mac product!!!

3. Paige Davis is returning to Trading Spaces.

This is report-worthy for two reasons. 1) I used to watch Trading Spaces when she was on it, and after she left, I thought it lost a lot of its zip and I haven't watched since. 2) When my hair was short, alot of people said I looked like Paige Davis (uh, hello - SHE looks ME!), and I think she's really cute, so I was all over that. Her husband kind of looks like that guy Liza Minnelli was married to, though - the last one who looks like he's made of plastic. Since I can do better (and currently am) that means Paige could. But whatevuh. Welcome back, Paige!

4. Had the best freakin' steak ever the other night at Eddie V's Edgewater Grille. It ain't cheap. It's definitely a special occasion or expense account kinda place, but damn, Gina - if you're ready to splurge and celebrate something (like the birth of someone special back in the days of disco), I highly recommend it. And just go ahead and tack on some bernaise sauce and dessert. What the hell. The ship on frugality sailed as soon as you walked through the doors.

5. Tom Brady may be hurt!!! No, he's not. He's fine. And he's going to win the Super Bowl. Because the Patriots are freakin' superhuman. They're a machine. They're awesome. And they're unstoppable. Just enjoy watching the greatness Sunday after next.

That's it. I gotta go eat some lunch.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You and Paige could be sisters for sure! And she looks like you! Just thinkin bout that steak is makin me hungry! I wont it too! I'll have to check out this Robin chick you have a crush on... Brady better be ready to play or I'm gonna be pissed! Have a delicious lunch Paige... Oh I mean Z! JD Leatherhand

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.