Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Major is back!!!

Yes, sports fans, Major Applewhite is returning to the Texas sideline! He's been hired as the new running backs coach. I'm so happy I could...smile really big!!

I always new our boy would come home, but I must admit, I didn't think it would be this quick. I figured he'd have to roam around a bit more in the NCAA, working some more jobs at other schools, paying dues. But he made short work of those dues, and I couldn't be happier that he'll be back in Burnt Orange!

I've been checking the paper this morning to find out when the parade will be. The Statesman doesn't seem to have any information on that...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Shouldn't he be the quaterbacks coach... Odd... But yeah, atleast his talents lie with us now, and not some other team... Cheers! I saw the add for parade in the entertainment section, it's gonna be real early in the morning so I'm gonna have to miss it... J

Judy said...

I think I hear the band warming up now...shall we wave palm branches???