Friday, January 04, 2008

First roundup of 2008

Feeling a little better today - maybe the antihistamine is kicking in. Thangod. Oh, and my face doesn't hurt as bad. I've got a red mark, but it isn't a bruise (yet), so you don't really notice it if you don't know it's there. I think.

So Obama and Huckabee have won in Iowa. Only 11 more months to go! I'm sure nothing will change between now and the election, so thank heaven we've had non-stop coverage of the Iowa caucus! Election years...oy.

Britney was taken away for a psych evaluation. That girl really is in a bad way. I wonder if she's going to be the next Michael Jackson - permanently screwed up and permanently on display with her screwed-up-ness.

The stock market is tanking. Stupid oil prices. We've really got to get off our dependence on oil - stop putting ourselves at the mercy of unmerciful countries. Alternative fuels, people!!

Anyone make any New Year's resolutions? I didn't make any, per se, but I do want to recommit myself to a few things - finishing a project, getting back on track with my diet and exercise, maybe changing up a thing or two this year. Anyone make any *interesting* resolutions - something besides losing 10 pounds and cleaning their garage?

Big 12 is making a nice showing in their bowl games. 8 of 12 teams in bowls, which is mighty fine average. In the winner's column: Texas, Oklahoma State, Missouri, Texas Tech, Kansas. In the loser's column: A&M (LOL!), Oklahoma (ditto), and Colorado. Two more bowl games left and then no more college football until September. (sniff!)

That's it for now. Everyone have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Judy said...

Um, I'm going to try and sew together the blocks of my quilt this year - does that count as interesting? Didn't think so.

As for Brit, I'm just closing my eyes. Egads. And still people sit in rapt attention. WHY??? Leave the freaks alone.

Unknown said...

Sniff, Sniff... I'm already missing football cause I know this is the last month of it... But what a great year of football it was... UT came through when we needed them too, a bowl win, and and OU bowl loss always makes us look good! Hook Em!

Anonymous said...

I've opted to abandon adding any sort of health goal to my "resolutions" for 2008. I've resolved too many times only to blow it off by mid-January. While it may not be interesting, my main goal is to get my finances in order for 2008. Pay down debt, set up an IRA, cut back on spending. Wow - I've officially become my parents. ;-)

Judy said...

Hey - what was your take on last night's Amazing Race? :-)