Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy 2008!

Zowie, it's been a long time since my last posting! I had thought I might post during the holidays, but it just didn't happen. I hope everyone had a fab-o holiday and was able to start 2008 off on a good note!

I had Christmas with the fam in Houston, came home for a day, then went to Fabulous Las Vegas with a friend for several days. We gambled, ate, did a bunch of sight-seeing and spent a lot of time on the bus - a slow, but cheap form of transportation for the city that never sleeps...or is that New York? Our hotel was downtown, right by Freemont Street, so it was a trek for us to go to the Strip. Thus the bus. But I lodge no complaints, since a day pass for the bus was only $5, and we did go back and forth several times. You see some interesting folks on the bus. I'll leave it at that.

After returning from the desert, I got to ring in the new year with my wonderful friends and loved ones. It was one of the best New Year's Eves I've had in a very long time, and I hope it bodes well for a fantastic 2008. For now, I'm back to work, which is...work. I always adjust so easily to not working when I'm off. Surely I must be destined for a life of leisure. Maybe this will be the year I achieve that. Everyone needs a dream.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dream Big and Achieve Baby!

Judy said...

Oooh, Vegas! Fun times!

Good to see you back and happy 2008!