Thursday, February 01, 2007

The man holdin' me hostage.

It's February 1. That means several things. First, payday: WOOHOO! Second, pay bills: boo. Third, I can officially get annoyed now that I haven't received my W-2 from my part-time job. I believe the deadline to mail them out was January 31, which was yesterday, which means at 12:01 a.m. this morning I could start complaining.

See, I'm still poor enough that (a) I do my own taxes (with TurboTax, though - I'm not so poor that I'm still using the 1040EZ form...progress); (b) I'm still working my part-time job (though I'm admittedly working fewer hours than ever before); and (c) I get a refund.

Point (c) means I like to do my taxes as early as possible, so I can get MY money (which the government has picked from my pocket throughout the year) as fast as possible. But I can't do my taxes until I have all of my documentation. And as of right now, I am missing a vital document - my other W-2! My regular job managed to get me one. And my mortgage companies (I have two) managed to get my mortgage interest statements. So on. So forth. But no part-time W-2. And so the government gets to continue to hold on to my money until employer #2 gets their shit together. Rat bastards.

But just in case the IRS reads my blog, I appreciate all that you do to make sure this great country gets all that it's owed. Really. Mean it. Call me! (No, don't call me - there's just no scenario where that would be a good thing.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, then I get to complain about this, too. I'm going-to "one-up" you on this waiting thing... I am still waiting on FIVE things to complete my taxes: my two mortgage interest statements (unless they arrived in my mailbox in the last couple days, I haven't checked), my two CD interest statements (which my grandma sends me because they're CDs she set up in my name a long time ago and she manages them, but I have to report them on my taxe return), AND my income report from Matt for LCRocks. I do this every year. I wait. On these same things. Neither Matt nor my grandma can ever manage to get me those particular statements before the middle to end of Feb, so I always end up doing my taxes in March. I usually get a refund, too, so I'm always anxious to get my stuff in as soon as possible but it never fails that I'm always still *waiting* on stuff in Feb! Pisser.