Monday, February 26, 2007

Hope and free bacon.

Not sure why, but I have access to Blogger this morning, so I'll put up a quick post then run away!

Beautiful weekend here - sunshine and in the 70s. I got to sleep in, see the folks, do some yard work, go to church, watch some basketball and go to my book club. Not a bad way to spend two days! A nice weekend like that can make going back to work on Monday painful, though.

This week is especially rough. There's construction going on on part of my route to work, and if I leave at my regular time, my 30-minute commmute turns into an 80- to 90-minute commute. No exaggeration. So, I'm now having to leave the house around 6:30 instead of 7:00. Traffic windows being what they are, that gets me to work way early, but that's better than way late, and those seem to be my two choices at the moment. In any case, getting up at 5:30 is WAY worse than getting up at 6:00. Waaaaaay worse.

Had a message in my email inbox this morning from Reeves Q. Hope. The subject line read: "But please note that Free Bacon !" When someone named Hope wants to give you free bacon, that can't be wrong, can it? I should open the message and see how to get my bacon.

1 comment:

Judy said...

If it makes you feel any better, know that I am on my third and final lap around the 'hood by 5:30.

See???? Could be worse...