Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Treasure is a pleasure.

I can't tell you how nice it was to watch Treasure Hunters this week without Katye Fogal. What a relief her ouster is.

I enjoyed seeing the other teams disappointed when they found out that Air Force was the fifth surviving team. Yeah, that's right. My boys (and girl) are still in the hunt and ready to kick butts and take names.

The first task was a TAR sort of thing - a choice between two options. I personally would've opted to do the climb, even though it would've been hard. Saint Tropez was just too far. Air Force of course blew through this task like the absolute hottie bad-asses they are. Man, are they they shit! Climb that mountain, baby! Climb it! Show it who's boss!

I thought the Geniuses made a mistake by choosing the climb, but Sam really pushed through his fears and past his physical limitations and came through. I was really proud of him for that. Katye Fogal would've just cried and whined and bitched and given up. Sam just gathered himself and powered through, though. That's awesome, Sam. Francis went a little overboard, though, when he said, "...We climb together. We die together. That's how we roll." I laughed out loud at that last sentiment and rolled my eyes at the one before.

First off, Francis, in light of the fact that we have troops in war zones right now and one of your opposing teams is a military team - people who ACTUALLY have to face the possibility of dying together - your comment makes you appear oblivious. Second, your whole schtick is that you're academic nerds, so the "That's how we roll" thing is like an SNL skit line. I realize you've got tattoos and the mutton chop sideburns and all, but dude. Seriously. Let's take an inventory of who we are.

Okay, the castle. Air Force, I bow before thee. They had that clue in like 10 seconds. I have to think I would've been more like the 3 teams that wandered around trying to figure out how nature fit in, etc. I don't speak French (my brain would reject any attempt), so I wouldn't have been able to read the clue, and I would've been convinced that the keys and nature had something to do with it. At least I wouldn't have been alone in my idiocy. Oh, and once again I ask, does ANYONE ever see those GenWorth clues on the walls, billboards, etc.? ANYONE? EVER? They have yet to show anyone noticing them and yet there they are each week for GenWorth's ad placement.

Of course, AF won the $50k. As well they should! I'd like to point out, by the way, that I predicted last week that AF would shoot into the lead this week. Let's all say it together now: "You were right, Suzanne." Thank you.

Statue of Liberty in Paris. Didn't know there was one. I knew our statue was a gift from France, but I didn't realize it was part of a pair. That statue would've been hard to see in the light conditions the teams were working with. And what was up with Southies, Geniuses and Ex-CIA not having to spot it when they got to the Eiffel Tower? As usual, the crappy editing lost me a bit as to what happened - why they got a call telling them about some cars and they got to skip the whole statue/wash-your-map thing.

Another question once they got to the secret society house. I know AF had to find the secret closet/compartment, using their keys, where the boxes with the artifact were hidden, but did all the other teams also have to find it or was the compartment left open after AF found it? The editing didn't show the other teams finding the compartment - only them opening the boxes. If they didn't have to find the compartment, that seems cheap that they didn't have to figure that out, especially after getting to skip the statue thing. I know Miss USA wasn't that smart, and I'm fine with them being eliminated, but it seems like the other 3 teams had an advantage over them by not having to do figure those two things out.

Okay, guesses on who is out next? I'd like it to be the Geniuses, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it's Ex-CIA. They haven't been as smart as I would've expected.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, here's my best answers to your two questions regarding the show last night...

As to why the Southies, Geniuses, and Ex-CIA got to skip the statue - while they were all on the train/bus/whatever over to the Eiffel Tower, the Southies got the map wet and discovered the clue underneath. Because of that, I think the show "puppeteers" decided that since they already knew the clue, they needed to get the phone message to the next step - the castle place. The whole purpose of the Eiffel Tower and Statue of Liberty trek was to figure out the clue of washing the map to get the next clue. They got lucky by figuring it out sooner than they needed to.

On the boxes with the artifact in them... I'm thinking that the AF team just left the cabinet open instead of putting everything back up to make the other teams go through the room again. Maybe there wasn't enough time. I'm not sure, but the other teams didn't seem to have to work at discovering the drawers.

I personally am ready to see the Geniuses go. While I like Sam a lot (I tend to favor underdogs), Francis and especially Charles are getting on my last nerve. Not like Kayte though - thank you Lord Jesus!

Judy said...

I'm bucking for ex-CIA to get the boot - they aren't thrilling me.