Friday, August 25, 2006

Rev up your engines.

That God it's Friday. Thank you, God. Thank you for Friday. Thank you even more when it's 4:30, and my weekend has officially begun.

Should be a good weekend - a couple of things lined up, but not too much, which is good. You get a little social interaction and a little rest and relaxtion. Tonight Julia and I are going to head to a little dive to see The Greatest American Heroes, an Austin band that specializes in TV themes and surf music. That should be a hoot.

Tomorrow, I plan on sleeping in on my freshly washed sheets. I used fabric softener on them for the first time yesterday and they smell awesome and are all soft. I have two sets of sheets - a kickin' pair of 400-count sheets that I wish I could just wear as a toga instead of clothes, they're so soft. I bought a great, expensive, pillow-top mattress a while back, and when I first get in bed with those high-count sheets, it's heaven. I just roll around, stretching my legs and arms out, touching as much of the fabric as I can. As Molly Shannon would say, "I love it! I love it! I love it!" The other pair are just "regular" sheets - I'm not sure of the thread count, but it's a lot lower than the other ones. The low-count ones are the ones I used the fabric softener on, and I can tell a difference. Eventually, I'll replace them with another set of high-count sheets, but in the meantime, I may invest in some Downy. That stuff is great. Can you tell I love my bed? Sleeping is good. Comfort good.

That's it so far for Saturday - nothing else planned yet. We'll see how the day shapes up.

Sunday, my peeps and I are going to see "Talladega Nights" at Alamo Drafthouse. There was really no question where to watch it. This is a movie that begs to be watched with a beer in one hand and greasy food in the other. I'm SO looking forward to it!!

I'm so ready to enjoy my weekend, I'm going to refuse to go completely off on Ray Nagin and what an asshole that guy is. I also refuse to think about my sinking feeling that this Karr guy is probably not JonBenet Ramsey's killer. I'm not even going to think about the continued 100+ temperatures here baking the life out of everything and forcing ants inside my house where they bite my feet - the little bastards. No, I won't think about any of that. It's weekend time.

No comments: