Wednesday, August 02, 2006

An open letter of apology...

to my alarm. I am a giant moron. Yes, I checked to see if the alarm time was a.m. or p.m., if the radio was on a station, if the volume was up enough. But I failed to check one other crucial element: if the actual, current time was set properly on a.m. or p.m. That's right - my clock thought it was 6 p.m., not 6 a.m. It was operator error after all. I send a mea culpa out to the little machine that intrudes upon my sleep every morning. I even had a picture of my bedside table with the abused little device where it lives, but I don't have it with me on this computer.

But lest you all think I'm completely useless with machinery or mechanical things, I *did* fix my passenger side seatbelt this weekend, all on my own. So, those of you who have been taking your life in your hands, riding in my car with a seatbelt that wouldn't fasten, you can now ride safely again. See. I can do things.

On a completely different note, I saw this trailer today, and since I'm both a writer AND a Will Ferrell fanatic, this movie will be a must-see for me. I like Emma Thompson, too, so that'll be good. Too bad I have to wait until November.

Oh, and I have a Laugh Out Loud Moment of the Day. This morning, "The Man With One Red Shoe" was playing on one my movie channels (yes, my movie channels suck). This is Tom Hanks, circa 1985, still in his comedy phase. I like Tom Hanks in his comedy phase, so I put it on while I got ready for work. The best line wasn't Tom's, though. It was by the guy who played Squiggy on Laverne and Shirley, David Landers. His character was a spy who had been unfortunately assigned to roaming the sewers - I don't even remember why (I tuned in too late to see why and don't remember from when I first saw this movie 21 years ago). But well into the movie, he'd had enough of the nastiness that is a sewer. He began to lose it, then he stopped himself and said resolutely, "What would Gordon Liddy do?" And that was it - I laughed out loud. Gordon Liddy. I'm grinning just remembering it. Pretty good to start your day with a laugh out loud before you even leave the house.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Niiiiiice about the alarm clock, Suz!

Hey, remember that little ditty I wrote about the weird bounced check thing with my name but not me? It's bigger. Much bigger. Cops are now involved. I'll post more soon.