Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Down to three

Treasure Hunters has now narrowed the field to three teams. I have to admit up front that I missed the first 15 minutes of the show this week. I started watching a movie without thinking at 7 p.m., and all of a sudden at 8:15 I realized that I was missing Treasure Hunters! So, when I came in, they'd just gotten instructions to go to Philadelphia.

I knew immediately that the Geniuses would fall out of first place in Philly. How did I know? Because Philly is Francis' home town and he got all cocky, and as I've said before, a lesson learned from The Amazing Race is that when a team goes to its home town, they get arrogant and sloppy and invariably screw up. It's almost a promise. And sure enough, that's what they did.

Francis was all excited because he knew immediately that the plaque clue of "Girard' was a street and he excitedly told his teammates how the other teams would think it's a name. No, Francis, they didn't. They're not stupid enough to make assumptions...like you did...because you were home and figured you knew it all. It wasn't a street. It was a college, and if you'd looked it up like the other teams did, you would've known that. Instead, you relied on your own knowledge and drove all over town and slipped into third place. It happens every time, people.

But let's back up for a second and talk about that plaque - or rather the ledge task. Holy hell, they had people on a friggin ledge, no more than 8 or 9 inches deep, 22 stories up! I think I might have puked. If I HAD to do it because I got up there and found out what the task was but we'd lose too much time by switching to someone else, then I would have done it - I can buck up and power through when need be. But that would pretty much be my worst nightmare...well, if they had large bugs crawling in my hair and down my shirt while I walked the ledge THAT would be my worst nightmare, but the ledge would be pretty bad all on its own.

I'm not good with heights, and that ledge was really narrow, and going around the columns and such...(shudder). And then to have to lay down and look over the side to read the plaque? Oh, man. Oh, man. That would just be...man. The one bright spot watching that sequence was Matt R.'s legs. Did you see his thighs? That Brooke is a lucky woman. Hit it, girl.

So, they all get the plaque clue and head to Founders Hall, where the Southies proceed to - focus on the clue? No. They proceed to fight like 14-year-olds in the parking lot wasting time until the Geniuses got there. Boys, boys, boys. Let's knock the testosterone down a notch and remember why you're there. You can duke it out later after the hunt it over. I'm glad they're still in it, actually. I do like the Southies.

I'm less pleased that the Geniuses are still in it, though. I was really hoping they'd be eliminated. I like the Ex-CIA guys well enough, and Francis and Charles are so annoying. But we're stuck with them for the finals. So long as they don't win, it's okay.

You know I want Air Force to win. That's a given. I should be jealous of people that young, successful, capable, athletic, good-looking, happily married, etc. but I can't help it. On top of everything else, they're not arrogant - they just seem to represent America's finest. They just rock. Go Air Force!!

If Southies win, it's okay. Not ideal, but fine. Just so long as the Geniuses don't win. Ang, we may have to watch together next week in case we need to console one another.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so that Southie brother fight? What the hell??!?!?!? HELLO! Do you want to LOSE?!?! Such raw maleness. Geez...

I, too, was disappointed that the Geniuses got the last spot in the finals. I'm sick of hearing Francis and Charles speak. It's annoying almost every time. Did you hear Francis' comment when they were running to one of the buildings?... "The only time I run this fast is for sex or food." Really Francis?... You have sex? Clearly you eat, but someone actually has sex with you, too? Wow. Those porkchops must emit some special mating scent or something.

I'm hoping that Air Force wins it, too. Mainly because they have truly been the strongest and most consistently impressive team overall. They deserve it. But it wouldn't break my heart if the Southies win either. But only if they smile for the camera and flex their chest muscles. Yum.

I'm totally game for a finale-watching. My big TV is finally fixed so my house is available, fyi.