Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Rain, glorious rain.

It's finally happening! Rain! It's almost like we should all just spend the day sitting outside in it. It's an insult to shelter yourself from it by being inside.

I don't know how much we'll get. Looking at the radar, it seems to be moving out already, so not as much as we need certainly. Hopefully, the result won't just be a spike in the humidity. It definitely seems to be giving us a break on our temperatures. The projected high is in the low 90s, which is a good 10 degrees lower than we've been. Hallelujah! It's like winter!

The forecast for the next week shows some partly cloudy days and no projected return to the 100s. That would be awesome! I sold my football tickets for the first UT game this Saturday because I just couldn't face sitting in the stands in the stifling heat for such a small game (small unless we lost, and then it would be huge, but I'm not sure I'd want to see that in person anyway). I buy season tickets every year, but end up selling a game or two each season because of going out of town or something. If they'd just scheduled this game as an evening game, I wouldn't have sold these. But I have no interest in suffering heat stroke for UNT. Hopefully, the break in the 100-degree temps will save a lot of people on Saturday! I shall be in air-conditioning, so I know I'm good.

I shall blog later this week about my joy of this weekend kicking off the greatest time of year. I'm holding myself back...just a few more days!

A few parting thoughts for today:

- The answer to what I will watch on Monday nights, now that "Treasure Hunters" is over, is apparently whatever is on my satellite dish. 150 channels, and none of them particularly riveting last night. I do like "Medium" quite a lot, but I decided to tape it last night instead of watching it live. I had become officially bored with the whole television enterprise by the time it came on. So, I actually turned the TV off and read. No, I don't *think* hell froze over, but you'll have to ask someone with firsthand knowledge, like maybe Kenneth Lay. I'm guessing he's got a front row seat down there these days.

- John Mark Karr didn't kill JonBenet Ramsey. I was afraid of that. He's just a psycho - not a murderer. Or at least, if he is, we don't know about it, and it doesn't appear he killed JonBenet. I'm very sorry for the Ramsey family. Those people could use a little justice and closure, and they won't be getting it today. What's say we go ahead and lock up that freak Karr anyway, though? He's definitely a pedopheliac sicko, and I don't see that he needs to be roaming around free.

- Here comes Ernesto. It looks like it may remain a tropical storm instead of developing into a hurricane, which would be good. Get out your umbrellas, Florida.

No comments: