Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Plumbers make $50 an hour.

I'm outta control! I'm not kidding. I fixed my toilet AGAIN! No, it wasn't the same problem as before, with the valve, and no, my toilet isn't a lemon. It's all good (thump chest with fist). But I'm thinking of chucking this writing thing and just going straight into plumbing. I mean, these guys are plumbers and they even get to do paranormal investigations! Sounds good to me.

In any case, it went a little like this: I got up this morning to find that the water level in the bowl was very low. I didn't, right at that moment, feel like investigating, so I quickly went to the other bathroom to TCB. But I came back and began to look things over. I flushed, and found it came back even lower the next time. I took the top off the back and watched the mechanisms do their mechanical mechanizing, and I thought. I took my word-oriented brain, and I thought...about non-word things. Could it be the float? Nope, float looked fine. Hmmm. How does the bowl fill? What tells the bowl when it's full? I looked at the parts in the tank. I watched them. And it hit me!!! There was a tube emptying water into the tank. And there was a cylinder with some water in it, and a marking for "fill line" only the water wasn't up to the fill line, and I could see no way that any more water was goign to enter Cylinder. That's it! Tube is supposed to be emptying into Cylinder! Somehow Tube got knocked out (I'll blame the cat. Don't ask me to come up with a scenario - the Toilet Tube-Cylinder explanation is all you're getting today)!

So, I put the Tube back into its rightful place, filling Cylinder. I flushed. Voila! All is well again.

I rock.

1 comment:

Judy said...

You DO rock! I'm calling you next time!