Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Blow out the candles. Or don't. Whatever.

Today is my brother's birthday. That's right - we have a lot of birthdays in quick succession in my family. And they're all just after Christmas - just when you want to buy more presents and cards for people. Mine is next. Yippee.

This is a big one from my bro. He's 40. That's a milestone birthday, though really in his case, he should fly right through this 40 thing. He's married, healthy, has two great kids and a successful and interesting career. In fact, all this talk about him and where he is at 40 is only really serving to give ME a midlife crisis. I'll be 40...in 3 years! And I'm...well...I'm healthy.

I think I'm going to go lie down and stare at the ceiling. Happy Birthday, Bro.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Happy Birthday to Scott! YAY!

I'll send him an ecard if you email me his address...he'd probably wonder who in the hell is sending him ecards! Tee hee!

As for staring at the ceiling - no man is going to fall through the light fixture unless the roofers are working on your house! I wish I knew cool single dudes around here!