Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Boom goes the dynamite!

Congratulations Wildcats! For anyone who doesn't know (cuz you were watching the Olympics or something...can you people not switch back and forth between channels?), Villanova ousted #1 ranked Connecticut last night. And what an exciting game it was - I've never seen so many steals! You guys were relentless! And to do it on your home court in front of your peeps - great feeling, man.

The game doesn't affect UT. We're #6, and Villy was #4, so either way, a team above us was going to get the win, but I like seeing CT and Duke get a little slap now and again so they're reminded that they're not invincible (a feeling other people often have about UT!). Lord knows we left our slapper at home when we played Duke, so props to the Wildcats for gettin' the job done against CT last night! You guys were incredible!

On another note, a shout out to OSU basketball. I know that no matter what the facts turn out to be with Coach Sutton, this is a rough time for him. He seems like a stand-up guy, and I'm sorry to hear it. I hope his problems are not what some suspect, and I'm sorry the team has to deal with a distraction like all this as the season enters its hottest phase. This is the messiness of life, though. This is an opportunity to see what you do when a toothpick gets stuck in your chocolate fountain auger.

Incidentally, Blogger is still giving me fits. I either can't post, or it says it's posted, but then my new posting isn't there when I look at my blog, or monkeys are seen jumping on my head. I just threw in that last part to see if you were reading all the way through.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Make sure you get those monkeys back to the zoo in time for supper, ya hear? ;-)