Wednesday, February 22, 2006

People are so much fun.

More eBay drama. I swear I love eBay and most of my experiences have been great, but it does open you up to having to deal with ... people ... so you end up running across some of the jerks. Remember my caller ID issues? Well 3 weeks ago, I bid on a unit someone had on eBay and I won. It was cheap - $5.50 total - and the guy had like 1300 transactions and good feedback, so I wasn't worried. I did notice that his usual business is sports memorabilia, so this was obviously a personal transaction squeezed in there with all his business ones, but whatever.

Well, I win, pay within minutes, and wait. Days go by and I don't hear from this guy. I finally email him - so did you get my payment? When are you gonna ship? Will you let me know how and give me a tracking number? He responds and says he'll email the next day - Thur (I won and paid on a Monday), with no more information than that. Not great communication by never contacting me or answering how he'll ship or sending me a tracking number, but that's a reasonable shipping timeframe, so okay. A week goes by, I get nothing. I email again, and the guy says he ended up emailing it Monday - a week after I won, not the previous Thursday as he first said. He says he mailed USPS, so no tracking number. Great.

Well, folks, another week and a half goes by - it's now been 3 weeks since I won and paid, and 2 weeks since the guys says he shipped, and I still have NOTHING. I'm not sure if he didn't mail it or he just didn't mail it when he said he did or if it got lost (which we can't track since he didn't use a shipping method with a tracking) or what, but it seems obvious that since this isn't one of his business transactions, he's not really giving it much consideration. Or maybe this is how he runs his business. I don't know. But I either want the caller ID or my money back. This is ridiculous.

So, I email him that I'm giving it one more week and then I want my money back or I'll talk to eBay and see what to do next about the situation. He sends back an angry response (isn't that rich? He's had my money for 3 weeks and I've had nothing, and HE'S mad!) how he's got 1400 transactions and would he really cheat someone for $5.50 and I can tell eBay anything I want b/c if I give him negative feedback, he'll do it right back to me (uh...never said that's what I was going to do, and exactly WHAT was negative about my end of the transaction?) and BTW, don't bid on my stuff anymore. Oh, how SHALL I ever get over not being able to do business with this guy again? Let the weeping begin!

I responded, of course, and told the guy I'd never threatened him with negative feedback, but how nice that he'd threatened me when all I did was pay immediately and never receive anything and he needn't worry about me bidding on his stuff again - his stellar customer service had taken care of that. What a complete a-hole. So, do yourselves a favor. Don't bid on anything listed by greenflyautographs022 (Ryan Batkay). He may or may not send your stuff, he won't communicate with you, and he'll attack you if you complain.

On another note, I am *thoroughly* enjoying the Olympics, and I have yet to post anything about all that, so I'll have to remedy that tomorrow!

1 comment:

Judy said...

But, girl, he's got Victoria's Secret pj's listed - new in the package!

LOL Just kidding!

Sorry you got scammed and all - what a loser!