Saturday, February 18, 2006

Deleted post

Some readers of this blog may notice that a post is missing. It's one I put up earlier today. A few people saw it and one commented (thank you for your comment!), but as the day went on, somehow, the post just felt too personal to be out there. So, I decided to take it down. There are some things you don't feel like sharing with the whole world. This is a strange, open and anonymous forum, and I enjoy it. But a woman is allowed to change her mind, and I did!

Some bloggers will tell you the most private things - what up with that woman in Washington who told any stranger with a mouse and a monitor about her very active sex life? I mean, pleeeease. Of course, I think somehow that worked out for her - she got some kind of book deal or something. But to me, fame and zeroes in my bank account aren't worth my dignity. I'd rather be anonymous, decent me than (in)famous, indecent Monica Lewinsky. But I digress.

My point was that blogging is an interesting medium. Total strangers form opinions of you based on what you write, and you learn about yourself as you decide what to write, how to write it and how you feel about it after it's out there. It's like dipping your toe into the fishbowl that celebrities and other public figures live in everyday. Except that they don't have a delete button like I do. I think for now I'll forego the riches of celebrity (because if I *wanted* to be famous, I could - right???) and keep my delete button.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Just thinking of you tonight - it is misting here and RIGHT AT 32 degrees on the back porch, so we may end up with a little iciness after all...

Hope you are doing okay. I know you miss Ava. Hang in there, hon.

Suzanne said...

Thanks for the thoughts, and yes, the absence here is palpable.

By the time I went to bed last night, the channel I was watching was running a crawl warning people that the roads were icing and there were already accidents reported! Good thing we decided not to venture out!