Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Bah. Humbug.

I'm not on my game today. My head hurts and weighs about 20 pounds thanks to allergy-induced goop. I periodically swallow a glob of it, reassuring myself that the pain isn't from some sort of slow brain bleed. That's good.

The congestion hasn't started yet, so I'm still able to think clearly. We'll see how long that lasts. I'm trying to get work done while I'm still coherent. Just let me feel good on Saturday! Not that anything could keep me out of the stands on Saturday. I'd have to be unconscious in an emergency room somewhere to keep me away. But it sure would be nice if I didn't feel like I do now. Or worse.

I don't actually know what it is that's making me feel bad. I haven't bothered to check the allergy report. Does it matter?

I was kind of depressed about various things anyway. This just gives me an excuse to walk around saying, "Who cares?" and instead of people saying, "What's her problem?" they'll just say, "Oh. Allergy. Yeah, that feels like crap." So does being depressed.

I should've known this day was simply to be endured when my cat woke me up at 4:45 a.m. working up a barf. That's just never the way to start the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Suz, sorry you feel like crap today. I can't do anything about the allergy stuff, but let me know if I can help you improve on the overall blahness...

Maybe this will cheer you up: http://www.allfunnypictures.com/pages2/davidcopperfield.html

Judy said...

Girl, we must be breathing the same crap! I have a lovely sneeze going on today. I sneezed no less than 6 times while reading a story to my class today. Yeah. Maybe THEY'LL all be out next week if it turns out NOT to be allergies - hey, a girl can dream! Get well soon!