Saturday, September 02, 2006

And the Lord said, "It is good."

I believe Colt McCoy will do just fine as UT's new quarterback. Just fine indeed. In fact, I'm feeling good about this whole team and this whole season after seeing today's game. I liked what I saw. Yes, I did.

I realize we were playing UNT this week, not Ohio State, and I have heard the naysayers who predict that Ohio State will beat us next week - no question, but I wonder if any of those Buckeye Backers are feeling a little less confident about that prediction after seeing the '06 Horns in action. I know I'm feeling better about us now that I've seen what we've got!

I'm watching Ohio State beat up on Northern Illinois right now, but they're not dominating NI as much as we dominated UNT, so next week should be quite a game! I think this week was exactly what Colt McCoy needed to get his feet under him - to get confidence that he can lead this team. He seems so young in his interviews, I can hardly believe he's old enough to be our QB! Are we sure he's in college? But he played assertively this week and with real poise. And our defense was amazing! I can't wait to see what they'll do next week.

Incidentally, the Ohio State tickets are now selling for $2,000 a piece. I have two. And I ain't sellin'. I missed out on seeing the Ohio State game in person last year. And OU. And the A&M game. And the Big 12 championship. And the national championship. No way I'm giving up the chance to be in the stands next Saturday! Not even for what amounts to a down payment on a car. You think I'd sell out my Horns in their hour of glory (or at least their first hour of glory this season) so some schmuck who doesn't love them enough to buy season tickets can go to the game? I have to live with myself ya know.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Amen and amen - it was a jolly good game, eh? Almost made me sad for UNT, but not really. They should know better.

Judy said...

Hey - what's up with the dude getting caught with weed???? Dang it boys, keep your noses clean, literally!

Did you hear about Steve Irwin. A shame...