Thursday, March 23, 2006

My new car!



In hell, that is. Or some alternate universe where goldfish eat with you at the kitchen table and Texas is cold in the summer.

Supposedly this monstronsity, the ZAP Smart Car, is going to be hitting U.S. streets anytime now. I recognize that there will be lots of Americans who will think this is just nifty. These are the same people who think this car is attractive:



I understand that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and my "hideous" is your "beautiful." I get that. But some things are empirical:

1. Chocolate is yummy.
2. William Hung sings badly.
3. That car is ugly.

ZAP that pet crate on wheels right back to Europe. I swear to Cary Grant, caged shelter animals have more room. Besides, I'd like to make it to my destination alive. Even if I survived the shame of driving that little mutant, I'd be dead within a week when some Hummer changed lanes without seeing me and squished me like a cigarette tossed onto the pavement (assuming he didn't do it on purpose - at least bikers kind of scare you into respecting their existence on the road).

But they'll sell. They will. A sign of the apocalypse? Well...I'm just sayin' it ain't right, that's all.

2 comments:

Judy said...

I think Travis' bicycle has bigger wheels than that thing.

Judy said...

Hey - you ARE blogging about THE GAME last night, aren't you??? AREN'T YOU???

That was an amazing shot - didn't know if you'd be up watching so I didn't call, but OH.MY.GOODNESS. And, put the cherry on top with Duke's loss! WOW!