Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Drip, drip, drip.

My leak is still not fixed. As of Friday, my plumber was saying he'd be here Monday. Monday came and went, and no plumber. So, I called today, and gee, if everything goes well, he might be there Thursday or Friday. Meanwhile, I've still got a leak. That means it's been a week and a half since I first called the guy, and a week since he came out and verified I have a leak, and NOTHING has happened since then!

I get that his truck broke down and these things happen, and now he's behind, but he told me Saturday that he'd be out Monday, and he never even called to tell me he wasn't going to show, much less give me the new ETA, which is 3-4 days later! I'm not pleased.

But if I call someone new at this point, they're not likely to be out any sooner. I could call today and they might come out tomorrow, but I'm not sure they'd actually start the work tomorrow, so I don't suppose I'd save myself much time. But let me reiterate: I'm not happy. People need to show up when they say they will and need to stay in touch with you if plans change. I got this guy on a recommendation, and so far he hasn't charged me anything, so hopefully his prices once he actually does something will be reasonable, but Big Guy, your hope of me recommending you to anyone else is quickly fading.

On top of that, I won't be able to watch The Amazing Race tonight! I'm having a birthday dinner with family tonight, so I've got the VCR set (I know, I know - I need to get TiVO. Sorry, but I've got plumbing to pay for; I can't be upgrading my television budget at this time.). I'll watch it tomorrow night and then give my rundown on Thursday. I'm also taping the series premiere of Sons and Daughters. I think I'm going to like that one. I'll let you know.

3 comments:

Judy said...

Enjoy your day after birthday dinner! HOpe you had a wonderful day yesterday!

That plumber thing sucks, girl. Can you at least turn off the water at the curb so the entire aquifer isn't running through your meter?

loelsh said...

Amazing Race? What about American Idol? What are you thoughts on that show? I love it!

Suzanne said...

Good question loelsh. I must say I haven't stuck with American Idol like I would've expected to. Had it been around when I was younger, I think I would've auditioned! But I find that I often watch the early episodes, when the really bad folks are on, then I peter out during the middle rounds, and I only occasionally watch the final rounds. I missed the Fantasia season entirely. But I'm not opposed to it by any means! I even have Kelly Clarkson's "Breakway" CD - it's awesome!