Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The question of our times

It's an age-old dilemna: Home Depot or Lowe's? Lowe's or Home Depot? I'm a Lowe's gal, myself. Kinda like Target or Wal-Mart? Target. No contest. The difference is that I truly hate Wal-Mart and spit up a little in my mouth when I have to shop there because I can't find what I need anywhere else. With Home Depot, I feel okay about it - I'd just rather be at Lowe's.

This all comes up because now my *other* toilet has started a slow leak from the tank into the toilet! So, I'm having to replace the valve in that one, too. Luckily, I've done this once and know what to do and how to do it. I think I should stop using toilet tabs in the tank, though. I just started using those this past summer, and now the valves in both toilets show wear and deformation. I live alone, and I've only been in this house for 3 years. And I don't even use the guest bath that much. I don't have any medical conditions that affect this situation, and my cat is not toilet-trained. So, how much wear should one reasonably expect on the innards of my toilet? Of course, I bought my toilet tabs at Sam's, so I've got like 100 of them...okay, maybe not 100, but a lot. Anyone know someone who needs some Clorox toilet tabs?



UPDATE: Good news! When I got home with the new toilet part, the guest toilet didn't appear to be leaking anymore. I don't trust it, though. They're tricky little buggers. So, I'm keeping the part and hoping the threat of repair alone may stop it from leaking again.

3 comments:

Melodious said...

You realize, of course, that Sam's is just Wal-Mart on steroids?

I found your blog through just browsing & have really enjoyed reading it. So much so, in fact, that I thought I'd tag you for a meme. No pressure. Don't even have to take part. But you're welcome to visit my blog & see what it's all about & make your decision from there.

And now that I know you can click my actual Blogger name in this comment, I won't display my idiocy in giving you my blog address - as I have previously done on three other blogs of people I also don't know. (sigh)

Looking forward to continued reading! Thanks for the time!

Judy said...

Oh girl - no foreign objects in the potty! Didn't your momma teach you that? :-)

And, I see you've been tagged for a meme! If it is any consolation, don't let the size of this one fool you - it is the same one I did in list form yesterday! :-)

Suzanne said...

melodious, you're totally right about Sam's. And yet...bulk buying. It's one of my minor hypocrisies that I try not to think about!

And I'm glad you like the blog - I'll head your way and check out the meme!