Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Happiness is an orange tower. With a big #1 on it.

So, today is the day people. Tonight is the night. The moment has arrived. The rubber meets the road. Time to put up or shut up. Shit or get off the pot (sorry Judy's mom if you had to see that, but you can't mince words at a time like this).

I can't even tell you how excited and nervous I am about UT playing USC tonight! We haven't played for the national championship in football since 1970 - I was one-year-old!! I'm a huge fan - I've got season tickets - I've been going to games my entire life, so I can say this is officially the biggest game I've ever seen!

I have no idea what to expect. USC is awesome. No doubt about it. And Texas - WOW, what a year!! It's been incredible to be a Texas fan this year. Will we come out tonight and show ourselves to be USC's equals?? Will we take down a dynasty and create one for ourselves in the process? Or will they show us and everyone else that they're on a level completely apart from anyone else in college football? Will it be a barn-burner or will it be close? What are we going to see tonight?

(Please let this be what we'll see tonight - say around 11:00 or so.)


It's going to be SO EXCITING!!! Or at least I hope it's exciting...please let it be exciting. Please don't let us be OU of last year. That would suck. (It sucks anytime you have to think of yourself as being OU, but it's doubly offensive to think of yourself as a cocky OU that got throat-punched to their knees on national television.)

Vince, you're amazing. We've got offense. We've got defense. We've got special teams. I've got snack foods, champagne, a big screen and my friends. There's nothing else I can do, people! I've done all I can!! It's up to the boys, now.

Hook 'em, babies.

1 comment:

Judy said...

We're donning our orange and white all day today - the boys are going out of their MINDS with football mania, even Tyler!

Hmmm...what's that smell? Could it be...charred Trojans? I think SO!!!!

GO HORNS!!!!